Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

La peinture en plein air

Recently I took a plein air painting workshop with  Harry Orlyk, the best landscape painter in our county.  I am certainly no painter, but I love the discipline of workshops that force me to get out there, set up an easel in God's gallery, and really spend time admiring creation and trying to put my impression of it on canvas. Harry has a great love of the land, and his distinct style captures the wonderful feeling of our rural area. I spent 3 days in some beautiful locations, in sublime weather and even though my paintings aren't finished yet, I thoroughly enjoyed myself.


Harry's palette.  I was surprised to see how much paint he puts out!

                                                                          
Here Harry begins to paint a scene at the river's edge.  Look at how large his brush is, yet he wields it like a pencil, sketching in his scene.


The painting is taking shape, but the light is changing.  He'll come back tomorrow to finish it.


Other students did great work!


Cindy lives close by, so I expect to see many more of these by summer's end!

This students filled her whole trunk with paintings...





2 comments:

  1. Okay, I want to do that, too! Really, I've always wanted to try painting outside. Harry Orlyk's paintings are beautiful. I especially admire the way he works with colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! I like the way he underpaints the canvas with orange, and lets it peek through in places.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

quid.di.ty The real nature of a thing; the essence; the essential nature or quality of something that makes it distinct and different from other things and establishes its identity



Some words on art, photography, beauty, nature, travel, Everafter Farm, friends, family and God.





  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP